Green Line environmental planning meeting
Hundreds came to Somerville High School’s Auditorium tonight to learn about the status of the Green Line extensions and the environmental review process that is just beginning. The Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act office is currently determining the scope of the review process, and you can give input until November 9. Learn what you can do to help.
Mayor Joe Curtatone called this meeting “an encouraging and exciting step forward” and said, “We’ve come a long way but we still have miles to go.” He announced that a Citizens Advisory Committee will be formed for the Green Line extensions.
The overall schedule:
– The Single Environmental Impact Review is targeted to be approved to proceed in May 2007
– Preliminary design will be complete November 2008
– Final design will be complete May 2011
– Construction will start November 2011
– Green Line service will open December 2014
Download the presentation (3MB PDF)