At the May 1 meeting of the GLX Community Working Group, the project team presented an update that included the following news:
- The overall design is approximately 15% complete.
- They shared new viaduct drawings near Lechmere and also Community Path renderings in the same area.
- Tree clearing will continue through the summer as construction begins in earnest.
- The Broadway Bridge in Ball Square will be closed Fall 2018 to Fall 2019.
- Washington St will be closed at the railroad bridge (between Joy and Tufts Streets) for about 11 months in 2019 and another 4-5 months in 2020. Washington St will be closed to all traffic including bikes and pedestrians.