Detailed station concepts released for Lowell line stops
Planning for the new Green Line stations is getting more detailed. The State and its consultant VHB have published detailed drawings of station concepts. The drawings show exact station locations as they are currently proposed, as well as important features such as bus drop-offs, sidewalks, lobbies, and elevators.
The stations with detailed drawings include:
– Brickbottom (located south of Washington St, with station entry on Joy St)
– Gilman Square (with entry from Medford St but not School St)
– Lowell St (station now moved closer to Lowell St)
– Ball Square (with entry on the north side of Broadway)
– College Ave
– Mystic Valley Parkway / Route 16
There is neither a Medford Hillside nor a Winthrop St station shown.
Union Square station concepts are expected in a few weeks.
View the station concepts on the official project site.