State releases Draft Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Assessment (DEIR/EA) for Green Line extension
The Executive Office of Transportation has finally posted this critical document, which is the culmination of 24 months of analysis and preliminary design and engineering for the project. The DEIR includes:
– Project overview and background
– Build alternatives
– Affected environment issues, including land use, environmental justice, air quality, noise, vibration, wildlife, historic resources, and more
– Mitigation commitments
– Tons of figures: station maps and layouts, existing conditions and land use, construction staging, proposed property acquisitions, noise impacts and mitigation, and more
– Appendices on station selection, the support facility, the Community Path, traffic analysis, and more
Visit the Green Line site to download the report in dozens of separate files, or download the combined PDFs here:
– DEIR text/chapters (large PDF)
– DEIR figures (huge PDF)
– DEIR appendices (huge PDF)
Stay tuned for STEP’s perspective on many items in this report.
Give your comments on the DEIR at a public hearing Nov 18. Written comments will be accepted until Dec 9. The report will need the approval of the state’s Executive Office of Environmental Affairs for the project to proceed.